“Welcome, Foolish Mortals!” It’s that time of year again…Fall. Ahhh, my favorite season. Time for boots, pumpkins spice lattes, and football. When I think of Fall at Walt Disney World Resort, the first thing that pops in my mind is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! I’ll be your human host (not your Ghost Host like they say in the Haunted Mansion) and take you on a virtual tour of information about this special ticketed event:
When Is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
- September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27
- October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 (sold out)
- November 1
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 am.
How Much Does It Cost?
September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27
Advance Purchase Discount: $68 Adult | $63 Ages 3-9
Day of Event: $74 Adult | $69 Ages 3-9
October 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29
Advance Purchase Discount: $74 Adult | $69 Ages 3-9
Day of Event: $79 Adult | $74 Ages 3-9
Halloween (October 31): $87 Adult | $82 Ages 3-9
Discounts available for military, Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members. The party goes on rain or shine, and there are no refunds for inclement weather.
Is MNSSHP Worth It?
IMHO, absolutely! I love the special entertainment, Disney characters in Halloween garb, watching the Headless Horseman gallop down Main Street and the yummy treats and merchandise available. It is a one-of-a-kind experience that will leave you wanting to return year after year.
Here’s this year’s map and list of attractions and dining options.
Now, as they say in the Haunted Mansion, “look alive…and we’ll continue our little tour, and let’s all stay together, please.”
Tips and Tricks:
- Dress Up! My favorite opportunity is dressing up since it is the only time adults can wear costumes in the Magic Kingdom, so beware and be prepared! I’m channeling my inner 9 year old who still wants to trick or treat for Halloween. Our family likes to coordinate costumes around the same theme. In 2014, we chose Peter Pan:
and Alice, the Evil Queen and a Queen’s Ninja (our very own Mad Hatter didn’t want to BE the Mad Hatter) showed up in 2013:
- Link Your Ticket on My Disney Experience: Guests may link their special event tickets in their My Disney Experience accounts. Then you can simply MagicBand your way into Magic Kingdom instead of keep up with the paper ticket.
- Be Ready at 4PM: The rule of thumb is that you can use your Not So Scary ticket to enter the Magic Kingdom as early as 4pm even though the party doesn’t officially start until 7pm. So take advantage of this and be there at 4:00. Wrist bands are distributed at the gate and can also be picked up at the Rose Garden near the castle hub (and other park locations). This special wrist band indicates to CastMembers that you have paid for admittance to the party; they will be checking!
- Don’t Worry About FastPass+: FastPass+ is not available during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Don’t miss the Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade at either 8:35 pm or 11:15 pm and Happy HalloWishes fireworks at 10:00 pm (Typically, the later parade is less crowded.) But both of these are Not to Be Missed! My daughter gasps when the Headless Horseman makes his way down Main Street since she adores horses. You won’t be able to get the “Boo to You” song out of your head (but that’s a good thing).
New Additions to 2015:
This year’s party will be extra fun with the introduction of an all-new show on the Castle Forecourt Stage (directly in front of Cinderella Castle).
In Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular, the mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus” return to the mortal world for one night during the Halloween season. With only a few hours to run amuck, the three sisters decide to use their magic to throw the best, evil Halloween party this side of the graveyard! With the help of the Disney villains, Winifred, Mary and Sarah gather together sinister shadows, nefarious nightmares and the power of their frightful friends to conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion and cast a spell on everyone in the Magic Kingdom Park. “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” features appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent and other great Disney villains, along with dancers, projections and special effects that combine to make this new show a not-to-be-missed Halloween treat. Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular will be presented exclusively during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.”
Everyone is RAVING about this show, so you must make time for this special event offering! (8pm, 9:20pm, 10:40pm, and midnight.)
Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package: Dessert and primo viewing of Happy HalloWishes? Sign me up! This special opportunity will first offer guests a premium viewing location for Mickey’s Boo To You Parade at the flag pole in Town Square on Main Street U.S.A. After the parade, guests will then make their way over to the Tomorrowland Terrace where they will be able to experience a special dessert party, featuring lots of great Halloween-themed treats: chocolate-dipped strawberries, adorable ghost meringues, candy corn panna cotta, peanut butter-chocolate pretzel “witch fingers,” spiced pumpkin cheesecake brownies, peanut butter “spider” whoopie pies, seasonal fruits, cheeses and cupcakes. Beverages will include sparkling cider, lemonade, hot chocolate, coffee or tea. From this location, guests will experience the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. The Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package costs $69 for adults or $39 for children (ages 3 to 9) and the price includes tax. For reservations: DisneyWorld.com/DINE or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
A final warning: BEWARE OF HITCHIKING GHOSTS!!