1. As parents we are always beating outselves up. Either we aren’t doing enough or we’re doing too much…not spending enought time with them or spending too much time with them…and the list goes on and on, right? Let’s cut ourselves some slack, shall we? Here’s a great read by Dave Willis on patheos.com that puts it all in perspective and reveals The 5 Things Your Kids Will Remember About You.
2. A moving video about people who finally can hear for the first time thanks to cochlear implants. This one is especially touching to me after my scary ear experience last summer which only minimally diminished my left ear hearing. I don’t take it for granted anymore!
3. I had absolutely ZERO interest in checking out the Lilly Pulitzer #Lilly forTarget frenzy, dubbed the “Preppy Black Friday”–but I’m curious if any of you were brave enough??? My friend Patty from My No Guilt Life did and she hit the jackpot! Apparently Arizona is the place to be to for all things Lilly 🙂
4. Huge applause for the CEO who cut his salary so his employees could make $ 70K a year!
5. Finally, here’s my confession: I LOVE the song “Shut Up and Dance.” From the second I heard it, it took me back to the 80s…and I think it’s hilarious that I can embarrass my kids by jamming out to it! It doesn’t hurt that the lead singer reminds me a TON of Jim Caveziel (the actor from Person of Interest). Swoon! Here’s the catchy video-I dare you not to sing along!